Thursday, January 22, 2015

Routine Maintenance - Water

I'm going to make this one quick because I'm still trying to understand it myself.

Water is important! Critical to sustaining a healthy life. I've always known that and have done pretty well at keeping hydrated.

What i didn't know is that it really matters when you drink your water.

Our stomachs are filled with all kinds of crazy gunk like acid and bacteria. Sounds pretty disgusting and dangerous but it is so important to proper digestion and soaking up all the nutrients.

So here is what I've learned, mostly from my wife and brother in law who are water wise.

Don't drink anything with your meals.

It's as simple as that. Try not to drink fluids within 1/2 hour before and 1 1/2 hours after meals.

WHAT?

Doesn't seem to make sense does it?

We need the environment in our digestive system to be as potent as possible in order to make our food work for us. To extract all the goodness. Otherwise a lot of the benefits pass straight through to be flushed away.

Between meals... green flag all the way. Drink tons of water. I think my wife does half a gallon a day.

Keep your body hydrated and it will serve you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment