Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2015 - A Wonderful, Awful Idea

My head hit the pillow last night around 10:30. I was beat!

Lately I have had a very difficult time falling asleep. I've got a lot on my mind. Some nights I try to go to sleep at the same time my wife does. Other nights I know I am going to toss and turn for and hour, get out of bed and wander around the house, work on a project or something else. Netflix is the devil when you cant sleep.

But this night was different. I could feel it. I was going to be asleep in 5 minutes tops.

NOPE!

I got an idea, an awful idea, a wonderful, awful idea...

One of those ideas that just wont go away and won't let you sleep.

I am a big fan of experiments of all kinds.

The other night my kids and I did a fun one. Boil some red cabbage, eat the cabbage for dinner and save the water. It will be a deep blue color. pour in some vinegar and see what happens.

Try it!

The experiment that kept me up past midnight is a bit different.

Yesterday I had been thinking a lot about the "Packing Party" I'm coming to the tail end of. I have been amazed by how few items I have actually needed the past 6 weeks. I started to wonder what else I could do to further improve my life...

This train of thought brought me to the idea.

I am going to do a different lifestyle experiment every month in 2015. I will focus on specific areas of my life where I feel I've been struggling and try to shake things up a bit. Possibly things like sleep habits, fitness, nutrition, spirituality, social life, parenting, minimalism.....anything.

At the end of each month I will report on how the experiment went, decide if I want to continue on with whatever change I had made, and let you know what I will be doing the next month.

I have a couple weeks to decide on January's adventure. I don't have anything in mind yet for the first experiment so I better get cracking.

If you have any thoughts on what I could do for one of these experiments I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment